The Assistant Men's Soccer Coach is responsible to the Head Men's Soccer Coach, having the primary responsibility of providing instruction, coaching expertise, and leadership to the student athletes of the intercollegiate Men's Soccer program; assisting the head coach in the effective management and administration of all aspects relating to a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes; and performing other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in coaching student-athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, teaching fundamental techniques and providing leadership and instruction, as directed by the Head Coach.
- Teach sportsmanship and set an example of good moral and physical behavior for the student-athletes in your charge.
- Assist the Head Men's Soccer Coach as the goalkeeping coach for the program.
- Provide the necessary environment for all goalkeepers to learn and develop.
- Organize the weekly/monthly/yearly schedules for the delivery of specific goalkeeper coaching.
- Plan, prepare, deliver, and evaluate coaching sessions in relation to the individual/ team training session.
- Perform required administrative tasks to ensure that each goalkeeper's progress is tracked, monitored, and evaluated constantly.
- Contribute to discussions on team selection, tactics, strategy, load management/medical in a collaborative and positive way with coaches and support team.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience in soccer at the collegiate level required.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision, the ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities, and the ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards.