The Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach is responsible for promoting William Woods Athletics through the academic, on-field and off-field development of the men’s soccer program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an understanding of the sport of soccer. Primary work with Goalkeepers.
- Work collectively and cooperatively with the Head Men’s Soccer Coach and department staff.
- Be able to communicate effectively the understanding of the sport.
- Be able to properly demonstrate the understanding of the sport.
- Supervise all practices and workouts.
- Be able to maintain an appropriate, consistent and fair level of discipline.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with the values of the university.
- Actively promote the university.
- Recruit quality student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress.
- Coordinate and provide administration for some home events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability in: leading an athletic team; fundraising and revenue development; budget development; employee management.
- Preferred knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules; preferred knowledge of Champions of Character program and commitment to its principles and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak publicly without difficulty.