The Assistant Men's Soccer Coach is responsible for on-field coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student-athletes for an NCAA Division I Men's soccer program, within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Patriot League. This position serves as the second assistant position for the program and includes the execution of Goalkeeper workouts and overall training.
- Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Primary duties and responsibilities include the design and execution of Goalkeeper workouts and overall training
- Perform assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program, as assigned by the Head Coach. This may include, but is not limited to, team travel arrangements, compliance administration, development of scouting reports, planning and execution of marketing and promotional activities, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the Head Coach. Coordinate all recruiting activities in conjunction with the Head Coach and other appropriate departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience coaching or competing at the collegiate level (preferably with success at a comparable institution).
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Valid US driver's license.