The Colby College Department of Athletics is seeking an assistant men’s soccer coach beginning August 14, 2023. The assistant men’s soccer coach’s responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all duties involved in running a competitive Division III soccer program. Colby College is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where every member of the community feels a sense of respect and belonging.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site coaching in games and practices, including organization and implementation of daily practices.
- Prepare film breakdown and analysis, and present analysis to team members.
- Plan and prepare for games.
- Contribute to strength and conditioning program, including one-on-one strength and conditioning work with student athletes.
- Provide support and encouragement to student athletes, including academic counseling and advising.
- Monitor academic progress of athletes.
- Recruit and retain talented athletes successfully.
- Research academic and athletic credentials.
- Build relationships with prospective student athletes and their families through email, phone and one-on-one meetings.
- Organize and implement recruit visits.
- Understand NCAA rules, compliance, and laws.
- Ensure safety and well-being of student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous experience coaching and or/competing at the collegiate level is highly desirable.
- Committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering.
- Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and must meet the College’s Fleet Safety Policy requirements.