Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified student-athletes, organization of practice and competition, scheduling, budget management supervision of academic progress, public relations, and compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules.
- Assist and communicate with the head coach to plan, develop and promote a highly competitive NCAA Division I program.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and implementing practice and training procedures for the development and improvement of individuals and team skills.
- Successfully identify, select and recruit prospective student-athletes who display the athletic and academic talents and ability to successfully compete in the MAC and BGSU.
- Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, MAC, and the University.
- Complete and report in a timely fashion, all Department, University, and Conference administrative information, as well as academic, recruiting and financial information.
- Monitor budget expenditures to assure fiscal responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree. Degree must be conferred at time of application.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
- USSF (United States Soccer Federation) ‘C’ License, or equivalent preferred.
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America National Diploma/Advanced or National Diploma preferred.