The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Men's Soccer Coach on the Dahlonega campus. The assistant coach will aid the head coach in conducting the men's soccer program while fostering and encouraging the goals of student-athletes, and stresses the elements of sportsmanship and fair play.
- Assists the Head Coach in conducting the program according to all university, conference and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Monitoring academic success and progress towards graduation for all student-athletes involved in the program. Provide each student-athlete with the resources and leadership to develop to their full potential; develop quality student-athletes within a successful program while maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Participates in the recruitment and mentorship of scholar-athletes.
- Assists in scheduling and supervision of regular practice sessions, conditioning and weight training sessions. Assist with coordinating travel plans for all competition, practice and extracurricular events; ensures visiting team's needs are met while on campus.
- Assists with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms, medical exams and provides NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required.
- Communicates and develops rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff and administration; engages in public relation activities; participates in a variety of fundraising activities; promotes UNG and the program in a positive manner.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three (3) years of professional and/or collegiate playing or coaching experience is required.
- Must be willing to obtain CPR and AED certification.
- USSF/USC/UEFA Coaching license required.