Saginaw Valley State University, a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic conference invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach for men’s soccer to assist the head coach to develop, promote and supervise all facets of the men’s soccer program; assist the head coach to develop and execute strategies for the recruitment of student-athletes for highly visible regionally and nationally competitive team; assist the head coach to organize and direct all aspects of the men’s soccer program, organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA and conference compliance rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including, but not limited to player eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling and academic progress.
- Ensure compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations by student-athletes and sport-related staff.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Responsible for promoting a positive academic environment to encourage all athletes to strive for academic excellence.
- Assist in preparing and executing practice and game plans, strategies and alternatives which are designed to bring success to the program.
- High school diploma.
- Two years of relevant sport coaching or participation experience at the collegiate level or higher.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Experience and ability to positively interact with diverse student populations and groups.
- Willingness to travel nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.