The College of Wooster is looking for an Assistant Men's Soccer Coach that desires to have a positive influence on the lives of student-athletes and will embody the mission of The College in its focus on preparing students to become leaders of character and influence in an interdependent global community. The Assistant Men's Soccer Coach serves the Department of Athletics and Physical Education This is a ten (month) benefits-eligible position with morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continue to recruit future Scots that will thrive in an elite academic environment and help the Men's Soccer Program compete for championships.
- Assist in developing a recruitment strategy for prospective student athletes, informing prospects of academic programs, talent evaluations, coordinating mailings, telephone calls and text messages, school/homes visits, and email exchanges.
- Develop small and implement small group/position specific training sessions. (Goalkeeping experience is helpful but not a requirement.)
- Assist in preparation and implementation of scouting reports, game film, film breakdown, and film exchange.
- Work effectively with the office of admissions to meet recruitment goals.
- Assist in administrative operations including budget management, coordinating team travel, room reservations, and meals, and ordering equipment and supplies.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge and understanding of the sport.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire).