The overall purpose of this job is to assist the head men’s soccer coach in all areas of running an NJCAA collegiate soccer program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the assistant men’s soccer coach by supporting the head men’s soccer coach with the daily operations of administrative tasks recruiting, organization of practice, on field duties and responsibilities, camps and fundraising.
- Assist in the care, maintenance and organization of soccer equipment used by the program and to fulfil any other duties assigned by the head men’s soccer coach
- Work closely with the head men’s soccer coach with planning and organizing travel arrangements for home and away games with hotels, buses, food orders, equipment and itineraries.
- Ability to assist in film breakdown, and opponent scout. Help develop scouting reports and management of video software uploads.
- Present for all games and scrimmages including traveling to away games.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Knowledge of soccer coaching skills and strategies.
- Ability to monitor players both academically and athletically.
- Good public relations skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some evening and weekend hours.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.