- Assist and participates in practices and intercollegiate competitions. Teach necessary skills from the basic fundamentals to the techniques and strategies.
- Promote and foster a positive team environment, appropriate behavior, and sportsmanship by team members. Responsible for the conduct of team members both on and off the court.
- Promote and maintain an environment where the physical, mental, social and academic well-being of all student-athletes are a priority.
- Assist with evaluating, recruiting and selecting qualified prospects that have the ability to compete in the classroom and athletically. Actively seek out and encourage a diverse group of prospects and assist them through the application process. Work collaboratively with the Compliance, Student-Athlete Services, and Academics staff to qualify and process prospects in a timely and efficient manner. Make recurring contacts by telephone, written correspondence, off-campus visits and evaluations, and coordination of campus visits as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist with overseeing the academic progress and success of student-athletes including promoting and maintaining an environment that encourages academic achievement as measured by academic eligibility, retention, and graduation.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university;
- Some experience coaching tennis at the college or university level;
- Knowledge of men’s tennis as competed at the collegiate level or/and at the professional level.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays and travel
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.