Under the general direction of the Director of Tennis, the Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach is responsible for supervising, planning, and coordinating the activities of the University Men’s tennis program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches techniques to Men’s tennis team members.
- Develops the team for outside intercollegiate competition.
- Oversees daily practice.
- Promotes the Men’s tennis program.
- Recruits talented student-athletes for the Men’s tennis program.
- Performs administrative duties pertaining to the Men’s tennis program.
- Assists in the academic development of Men’s tennis student-athletes.
- Attends all mandatory coaches/staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Tennis in conjunction with the Men’s tennis program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years of coaching experience at the collegiate or club level or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Knowledge of and the ability to ensure compliance with NCAA Division I and conference rules and regulations and to operate within these guidelines.
- Alternately, the successful candidate may possess any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and communication skills.