The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing assistance with the development and operation of the men’s tennis program. The Assistant Coach will assist in leadership, direction and guidance efforts for the entire program.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous coaching experience as a head coach or assistant coach in a college/university or high school setting.
- Ability to assist in recruitment of student-athletes and operate under NJCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills necessary to interface with students, faculty and general public.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse student population.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, as providing transportation to and from contests, via the use of Prairie State College vehicles, is required.
- Associate’s degree.
- Two years head coaching experience at an institution of higher learning.
- Evidence of organizational abilities to conduct athletic related clinics and workshops