Responsible for assisting in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes, assisting with on-court coaching, serving as a community relations liaison for the Men's Tennis Program to public and assisting with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist in recruiting quality student-athletes.
- Assist in conducting practice sessions and be present during strength and conditioning sessions.
- Assist in establishing training rules for student-athletes and keeping them informed of acceptable standards of conduct.
- Perform game-day management duties.
- Assist with developing game schedules and equipment purchases that will allow the men's tennis teams to stay within their approved budgets.
- Assist in monitoring satisfactory academic progress of student-athletes.
- Be knowledgeable of and adherence to NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Monitor the compliance to NCAA and Conference rules and policies by student athletes.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Three years of experience as a men's tennis student-athlete or coach. Connections with Clubs and Pro's in Town.
- Knowledge of local clubs and local professional tennis players.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of men's tennis and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, State of Texas, UTSA and American Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion and flexibility.