The Assistant Coach will assist with all aspects of NCAA Division I Men’s Volleyball Program, including student recruitment and development, on court coaching, contest scheduling, compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University of Hawaii rules and regulations, student-athlete academic achievement, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist with overseeing the academic progress and success of student-athletes including promoting and maintaining an environment that encourages academic achievement as measured by academic eligibility, retention, and graduation.
- Assist in scouting of opponents including the exchange and analysis of film.
- Assist with securing uniforms and equipment including managing Asics agreement and having all apparel appropriately lettered & numbered and ensuring team has necessary equipment for the season (i.e. balls, carts, nets, and other required equipment and supplies).
- Assist with overseeing all aspects of team travel, including air reservations, securing hotels, ground transportation, per diem allocation and travel requests and completions in an expedient manner.
- Participates in sports clinics, exhibitions, and camps as approved.
- Actively participates in fundraising, promotional, and public relation activities for the sports program.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university.
- One (1) year experience coaching volleyball at the college or university level.
- Knowledge of men’s volleyball as competed at the collegiate level.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.