The Assistant Coach of Men’s Volleyball is responsible for assisting in the direction of the men’s volleyball program according to the rules and policies of Saint Vincent College and the NCAA. The assistant men’s volleyball coach (part time) assists the head coach in directing and managing a varsity intercollegiate sport program at the College and, in general terms, assists in practice and game preparation as well as recruiting, retention and program administration within that program.
- Coordinates prospective student athlete’s on-campus visits with the College Admission Office staff, throughout the academic year and during break periods.
- Demonstrates leadership, sportsmanship and conduct becoming of the coaching profession and adhering to all College and NCAA guidelines.
- Provides leadership, mentorship, and instruction in the personal, academic and athletic development of student-athletes, throughout the academic year and during break periods, adhering to all polices set forth by the NCAA.
- Counsels and mentors team members in academics, disciplinary and personal matters. in consultation with College administration and faculty, throughout the year and during break periods.
- Supervises and mentors student athletes in a coordinated program of practices and competition, with a concern for the student athlete’s’ health and welfare. Is responsible for teaching, coaching and mentoring all aspects and student athletes of the program throughout the academic year and when permissible by NCAA regulations, during break periods.
- Assists in developing team policies, in coordination with College and Athletic Department policies.
- Assists in developing and implementing sport specific training for skill advancement throughout the academic year and when permissible by NCAA regulations, during break periods.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Prior playing experience or prior coaching experience. Current certification in first aid, CPR and AED.
Saint Vincent College is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all qualified candidates. Saint Vincent College is committed to building a diversified and competent population of faculty and staff, and encourages applications from women and minorities. Saint Vincent is an equal opportunity employer.