The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in supervising all practices and contests, vigorously recruiting academically and athletically qualified student-athletes, and conducting all activities within the rules and regulations of Ramapo College, the NJAC, ECAC, and NCAA.
- Primary responsibility is instructing/teaching our student-athletes how to perform sports specific skills in the sport of Volleyball and monitoring the academic progress and success of the student athletes.
- Conduct all activities within the rules and regulations established by Ramapo College, the NJAC, and the NCAA.
- ASSIST in carrying out the following duties as indicated by the head coach:
- Conceive and enact season, monthly, weekly and daily practice plans.
- Supervise all practices and contests.
- Individual player skill development.
- Identify and recruit vigorously for academically and athletically qualified students.
- Opponent analysis and preparation.
- Monitor the academic progress of athletes, including organizing team study session.
- Follow up with players on all academic progress reports received by athletic office.
- Must Pass the NCAA Coaches exam with an 85%
- First Aid / CPR / AED Certified
- Will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey
- Must pass a Driver’s License background check and must pass the defensive driver course offered by the College.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and assist in setting up game/field equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate sport specific skills and actively participate in practice activities.