Under general supervision, assists in coaching duties for the sport assigned at California Baptist University. Assists with aspects of the program that may include recruitment, training, and/or strength training for athletic competition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition using sound principles and judgment consistent with the philosophy of CBU Athletics.
- Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assists as directed with implementing and supervising training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes as appropriate to the sport.
- Participates in various fundraising, marketing, and promotion activities.
- May perform administrative duties including ordering and maintaining equipment, monitoring budgets, and initiating correspondence.
- Assist in coaching all sports practices throughout the season, taking attendance at all practices.
- Assist in planning team training sessions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in the area of sporting specialty.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of strengthening and conditioning programs and routines.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.