The Assistant Coach assists in the day-to-day operations of the program, ensuring that it functions at a high-level and remains in compliance with all NCAA, Conference, and University rules and policies. The Assistant Coach may also serve as the Recruiting Coordinator.
- Assist in all areas of practice planning, scouting, practice activities and individual coaching (i.e.: Mid-distance/ distance groups, strength and conditioning, lead and develop Dryland Program).
- Assist in recruitment of student-athletes, under the direction of head coach via phone calls, emails, and/ or zoom calls; assist with official visits and unofficial visits.
- Player Wellness: Facilitate a positive team culture that manifests itself on and off the field of play, putting the student-athlete's well-being first.
- Hire and oversee team managers.
- Input all compliance information into ACS.
- Direct and supervise student managers and on occasion other assistant coaches.
- Assist in planning all travel-arrangements.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Previous successful coaching experience within the sport of swimming.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Expressed commitment to NCAA legislation and compliance.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.