The Assistant Men's & Women's Swimming and Diving Coach at Bucknell University serves within the Department of Athletics and Recreation and is responsible for the coaching of academically-qualified student athletes. The swimming and diving program at Bucknell has an NCAA Division I men's and women's program, and the Assistant Coach must work within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
- Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
- Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of coaching experience at the collegiate or senior club level.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Valid US driver's license.