As an Assistant Coach for NJIT's intercollegiate Men's & Women’s Cross Country Track & Field team, this function finds the incumbent responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the proper and overall management of the program.
- Assists in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of prospective student-athletes for the intercollegiate Men's & Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Assists in scheduling the intercollegiate Cross Country/Track & Field competitions.
- Leads, monitors and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Fundraises, as needed in coordination with University Advancement, to supplement additional monies for the program.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of collegiate coaching experience with a specialty in one of the following areas: distance, middle distance, sprints, throws and/or jumps (dependent on the Head Coach’s background and program needs).
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students required.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sport and its playing rule.
- Must possess the ability to foster a cooperative environment.