The Assistant Men’s & Women’s Track & Field Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the overall administration of the Track & Field program, recruiting and working directly with sprints, hurdles, relays, jumps, and/or combined-events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in practice preparation, competition coaching, and the experience of a diverse student-athlete population.
- Assists with recruiting quality Cross Country/Track & Field student-athletes to the University.
- Follows purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the University and athletic department.
- Assists with completing all travel arrangements as required.
- Assists with all aspects of practice preparation and competition coaching.
- Assists with planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in-season.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree is required; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A significant and successful record as an assistant coach in the sport of Track & Field.
- The successful candidate should possess strong leadership and communication skills along with the ability to recruit high quality and diverse student-athletes.
- The candidate must be committed to the mission of a private liberal arts University and an understanding of how the sport of track & field and athletics in general fit into this environment. Salary will commensurate with experience.
It is the policy of Pacific University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military, veteran or Vietnam Era status, or any other protected classification recognized by applicable law, in admission, access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities.