The Assistant Men's and Women's Track & Field Coach for Sprints/Hurdles/Jumps, is responsible for assisting with the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the conduct of in-season and out-of-season training sessions.
- On field coaching responsibility for throws and selected other events
- Comply with all administrative staff on reports and forms that need to be completed.
- Follow college policy of receiving advanced approval for all purchases over $500, any hotel or flight in accordance with the Expense Authorization policy of the College.
- Develop relationships with alumni and other friends and supporters of the College and work cooperatively with Advancement as a member of the Athletics staff and the College community
- Conduct the sport program in strict accordance with NCAA and GLVC rules and regulations
- Participating in community service and fund-raising activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Progressive experience as a track & field coach, including on field coaching and recruiting.
- Knowledge of and commitment to strict adherence to NCAA, GLVC and institutional rules and regulations..
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with a strong understanding of importance to detail.
- An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the environment of private higher education with the ability to work with a diverse population.