Webster University Athletics, a member of NCAA Division III and the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC), invites applications for the position of Assistant Men's and Women's Track & Field Coach. The Assistant Coach provides instructional, administrative and recruiting support services under the direction of the Head Coach and Director of Athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in the implementation of sport training through teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of track and field.
- Under the direction of the head coach, will assist in providing sport skill instruction, assist in the conduct of practice sessions, perform game related duties, and motivate players to give their best efforts.
- Contributes to recruiting efforts through on-campus visits and off-campus evaluation.
- Supports team fundraising initiatives.
- Mentors student athletes.
- Demonstrates sincere interest in the personal, academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.
- Represents the University in a positive manner at all times.
- Abides by all SLIAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Previous athletic experience in track and field.
- Previous experience recruiting student-athletes.
- Demonstrated track and field coaching knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching and communication skills.
- General knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid.