This position is responsible for supporting the head coach in the planning and implementing a competitive and well-rounded intercollegiate Men’s and Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country programs to include the holistic development of individual student athletes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate campus visits for prospective student athletes (PSAs).
- Identify and recruit potential PSAs under the direction of the Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field Coach.
- Assist with recruiting material and process to include recruiting quality prospective student athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Assist in developing and facilitating daily training regimens for student athletes.
- Provide tactical and technical instruction for the development of highly competitive student athletes, both in individual and team practice sessions.
- Travel with team to competitions, and events as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, reliability and willingness to learn.
- Ability and willingness to work well with others and get along with a diverse population of students.
- Ability to recruit and retain high caliber student athletes; demonstrates the ability to handle organization of training, practice and strategies; and have proven ability to communicate constructively with student athletes.