This position will serve as the Assistant Men’s Wrestling Coach. The Assistant Coach adheres to departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, the ACC and the NCAA. In addition, this position will assist with scouting and recruiting, to include on campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
- Adheres to the NCAA and ACC governing policies and procedures. Attend compliance education meetings; demonstrating commitment to both the intent and spirit of applicable NCAA and ACC rules and regulations; demonstrating integrity and professionalism in applying guidelines to individual program.
- Assists with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, to include assisting with on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
- Assists in coaching and teaching skill-development in student-athletes. Instructs on team philosophy, physical health and safety.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength Coach and the Athletic Training staff.
- Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings. Assists in developing and implementing strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Advises and counsels with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, academic performance, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Minimum of 1 year of applicable coaching experience at the collegiate level required.
- A knowledge and commitment to the compliance with ACC, NCAA, and University guidelines are required.
- Computer skills that demonstrate ability to perform required duties.