The Middle School Assistant Football Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach with instructing student athletes in the fundamental physical training, skills, and strategy necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Attend all Athletic Director meetings as directed by Head Football Coach.
- Be present and engage in Pinnacle functions and organizations to build strong relationships with athletes, parents, families, peers, and the community.
- Help to build, form, and improve relationships with other athletes, coaches, teachers, and administrators with PCS and other districts/schools.
- Coach, evaluate, provide feedback to, and support high school athletes.
- Collaborate with community members on partnerships to support athletic programs.
- Communicate and foster positive relationships with athletes, parents, and families.
- Help to conduct athlete and parent meetings with clear, concise, and documented expectations.
- Help to cultivate and execute procedures for insuring open communication with athletes and parents.
- Previous coaching, sport participation, or teaching experience.
- Ability to use approved first-aid and CPR skills.
- Adhere to, be responsible for, enforce, implement, and understand athletic, school, district policies along with CHSAA By-Laws.
- CPR & AED Certification required.
- Possess or has the ability to acquire a valid Colorado Coaching Certificate.
- Successfully pass the CHSAA Coaches Test, acquire CHSSA coaching registration and complete a concussion course per State Legislation and CHSAA By-Laws.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of concussions and remove players that are exhibiting signs and symptoms of concussions.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate while appreciating the diverse background of students, parents, peers, and the community.