- Current coaching endorsement or authorization from the State of Iowa.
- Ability to work well with others and willingness to assume responsibility.
- Ability to effectively supervise students while maintaining a positive relationship with them.
- Enjoys working with young people as well as staff and parents
- Capable of representing the school in a professional manner, which includes, but is not limited to: confidentiality, good oral and written communication skills, regular attendance and appropriate dress.
- Ensure that all athletes are properly supervised at all times.
- Attend the district's coaching workshop each year to participate in blood borne pathogen training, care of athletic injury update and review of school policies.
- Participate in organizing and conducting a meeting with parents to discuss policies, expectations and any other information deemed necessary, before the first interscholastic contest.
- Assist with making sure that all physical forms, proof of insurance and good conduct policy acknowledgements are completed and returned to the head coach.
- Help get equipment ready to be used and assist the head coach in issuing equipment and uniforms.
- Ensure that training rules and eligibility regulations are enforced and violations reported.
- Help organize home meets and get facilities ready for use.
- Help supervise and maintain the locker rooms, showers and training rooms.
- Help secure the facilities after meets and practices.
The Clear Creek Amana School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation or gender identity.