MHS is currently seeking an Assistant Middle School Track & Field Coach to assist the head coach with the organization and administration of the 7th & 8th grade track & field program. Qualified applicants should exhibit a commitment to high achievement and support for all students in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. The season begins in March and ends in May. Practices are generally Monday-Friday 3:15p-5:30p with two games per week. Off season work is flexible and necessary for this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Has at least 1 year of successful coaching experience.
- The candidate should be eager to build the culture of the program and instill high quality character.
- Exercises knowledge of current coaching techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of track & field.
- Must have the ability to teach beginner skills while also interacting with different skill level athletes in a positive and professional manner.
- Has the ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students is preferred.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) and exceptional organizational/planning skills are required.
- All candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.