The Assistant MS Boys Basketball Coach assists in providing leadership and direction to the middle school boys basketball team as coordinated with the team’s head coach. The assistant coach enforces all rules of the WIAA as they relate to the respective sport and assists with the organization and administration of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and enforces all decisions and directives of the head coach.
- Assists the head coach with planning and conducting all practice sessions consistent with the plan of implementation.
- Maintains a current and accurate squad roster at all times, being sure that it is on file with the head coach.
- Supports the head coach in conducting the athletic program for the girls’ basketball team and the total athletic program of Chief Leschi Schools; contributes to and supports team strategies as outlined by the head coach.
- Demonstrates loyalty to the head coach and the team.
- Attends team staff meetings as directed by the head coach, Athletic Director, or building principal.
- Assumes any assigned duties by the head coach pertaining to the team, including conducting portions of practice drills, handling equipment, determining eligibility, working with student managers, scouting, handling public relations, and keeping statistics.
- In the absence of the head coach, assumes all responsibilities designated as those of the head coach.
- Reports any injuries to the head coach and/or Athletic Director.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid and current First Aid Certification card or be enrolled in a Red Cross First Aid card training course.
Chief Leschi Schools is an Equal Opportunity /M/F/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer, except as provided under the Indian Preference Act.