To motivate and develop each athletes’ skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character. To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect. Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during and after related field trips and other out-of-school functions.
- Assist with organizing practice schedules and game rosters.
- Assist with assigning positions to players, and develop strategies and styles of play.
- Ensure the safety of the students and maintain responsibility for the security of equipment and facilities and ensure that safety equipment is used correctly.
- Comply with federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy pertaining to medical procedures and student athletes, including the district’s concussion policy.
- Ensure that students are eligible to participate, and that they have had any necessary physical examinations.
- Actively promote the athletic program, seek student participation, and select team members.
- Model positive behavior, maintain a supportive environment, and remain professional, even when tension is high.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Idaho Teaching Certification, American Sport Education Program Certification, or National Federation of Interscholastic Coaches Association Certification strongly preferred.
- Certification or willingness to obtain certification in first aid and CPR.