To support each participating student in achieving a higher level of skill, an enhanced appreciation for the values of discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem. All coaches and sponsors should be dedicated to developing successful programs, considering not only win/lose records but, especially, the overall purpose of achieving personal growth through participation and competition. Promote the overall mission of the school system, and work to maximize the educational opportunities available to each student.
- Teach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport and/or activity involved.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Work closely with the activities director in scheduling competitions, contests, and performances
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintain necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport or activity is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behaviors at all times, and establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Make sure all students have been picked up or have other arrangements made at the end of all practices, competitions, and performances.
Education & Experience:
- Iowa Coaching Authorization for athletic coaching.
- Qualifications will be based on sponsorship program.
- OSHA required certificate.
- Background Check.