This position develops and executes marketing plans for athletics’ products and teams. This position coordinates communication through social media and traditional media as well as oversees game day staff; manages advertising and promotion budgets; and manages marketing content for website and social media.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Develops and executes marketing plans for sports.
- Researches target audiences and develops strategies for each product or sport.
- Serves as a liaison with rights holder for sponsorship activation.
- Assists in developing sales plans for tickets and fundraising.
- Oversees in-venue video board content strategy and execution.
- Oversees spirit squad programs which include cheer, dance and mascot, and generates interest and awareness of the squads.
- Assists in the recruitment of the cheer and dance squads.
- Directs marketing communications team and game day staff.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Experience: Two (2) years experience in Athletic Administration or related field.
Substitution Statement: Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.