Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prevention, evaluation, care, and rehabilitation services to student-athletes for all athletically related injuries and illnesses sustained during practices and athletic competitions.
- Provide medical coverage and care for assigned men’s and women’s athletic teams, with primary responsibly of the assigned sport, coordinate pre-practice, practice, post-practice and athletic team competition medical needs. Coverage may also include support for other activities and events as assigned.
- Communicate with all needed parties on injury and illness information including student-athletes, parents, physicians, mental health providers, administration, fellow athletic training staff, coaching staff, strength and conditioning staff, and sports nutrition staff.
- Coordinate and supervise medical services with the athletic training staff, team physicians, and paramedic services for practices and home competition.
- Utilize current manual therapy, modality and rehabilitation equipment and techniques as needed and based on clinical judgement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that related to this position is required.
- Maintain NATABOC certification and state licensure through regular attendance of continuing education programs and conferences.
- Maintain Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for the DIA (Department of Intercollegiate Athletics) Sports Medicine Department
- Knowledge of concussion testing and evaluations as it relates to the health of male and female student-athletes and use as needed utilizing clinical judgement in coordination with medical supervision.