The Assistant Coach carries out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach; instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. This job reports to Head Coach/Director of Athletic/Director of Student Activities.
- ACPS staff preferred.
- Knowledge and background in assigned sport.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
- Instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Instructs participants on personal hygiene and safety procedures and in the need to report injuries to the coach and /or trainer immediately.
- Informs students of the insurance program available through the Alexandria City Public Schools.
- Provides all students involved in the program a safe environment through adequate supervision.
- Assists Head Coach with maintaining individual and team performance records.
- Assists Head Coach in providing accurate records of equipment to the assistant to the Director of Athletic/Director of Student Activities.
- Conveys the policies of the team, local school and ACPS (e.g. regulation on Student Responsibilities and Rights and Extra Curricular Activities) to all participants.
- Ensures compliance with rules, polices and regulations of the Virginia High School League, regional and district councils, and ACPS.
- Submits forms to the Director of Athletic/Director of Student Activities (e.g. eligibility rosters, players’, addresses, etc.) to meet requirements by the Virginia High School League, the School Board, local school and ACPS.