Austin FC is actively seeking a highly knowledgeable Assistant Performance Coach/Sports Scientist who will be responsible for delivering support in the weight room and on field, as well as expertise in sports science while reporting to the Fitness & Rehab Coach and the High Performance Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science/Sports Science field. Master’s degree in a sports science field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years professional or college experience, preferably with experience in MLS or other elite level soccer organizations.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S) certification by NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) or equivalent certification and/or Performance Enhancement Specialist (P.E.S.) certification by the NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine).
- Experience in utilizing sports science technologies such as: Catapult GPS, FirstBeat, VALD (NordBord & ForceDecks), and 1080 Sprint.
- Manage all in-training GPS tagging, and post-session uploading of all training sessions; and
- Collaborate with the Fitness & Rehab Coach in the designing and administering of individualized pre-training activation protocols and in-season strength training sessions; and
- Ensure all athletes’ display excellent technical execution of all resistance-training programs; and
- Aid in performing all practice warm-up activities in conjunction with the needs of the coaching staff and High Performance Director; and
- Liaise with the Fitness & Rehab Coach to perform activation/regeneration sessions as needed.