The Department of Sports Science and Health Education invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position in Physical Education Teacher Education beginning with the 2024-2025 academic year. The department seeks a dynamic candidate with expertise in Physical Education and Health Education who is committed to teaching excellence.
The selected candidate will:
- Teach a 6-course load per year, consistent with departmental need and candidate’s training and interests. Courses may include foundations of physical education, elementary and secondary methods courses in physical education and health education, adapted physical education, movement education as well as supervising practicum and student teaching experiences in K-12 school placements.
- Contribute to student success and recruitment, enhance equity and an inclusive environment through engagement in the general education program and advising students, conduct scholarly work in the form of research and/or service to the profession, and incorporate experiential learning into coursework.
- Collaborate with Education department regarding curriculum and licensure. The candidate will also be expected to network with local school districts and health educators.
- PhD/EdD in Physical or Health Education or related fields is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching and/or supervising within K-12 school physical education/health settings.
- Demonstrate on-going commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Commitment to teacher preparation and collaboration, ability to teach a broad array of physical and health education courses and demonstrated ability to model effective teaching practices.
- Evidence of successful, innovative college-level teaching experience with ability to utilize research and classroom technology specific to Physical and Health Education.