ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides coordination and oversight of athletic programs and extra-curricular activities, including the hiring, training, and supervision of coaches; budgeting; scheduling; and transportation.
- Works with students, staff, and parents to continuously improve all aspects of the learning environment.
- Remains current regarding trends and best practices related to education and school management, and shares this knowledge with staff.
- Expands learning opportunities for students in an on-going effort to improve services and programs, offer instructional pathways based on best practices, and maximize progress.
- Works with staff to ensure that all students are known, nurtured, and included in the school community.
- Supervises school staff, providing support, opportunities and guidance for professional growth, and timely evaluation according to district guidelines.
- Works to create a collaborative and innovative culture in the school, across the district, and throughout the community.
- Current Oregon Administrative License.
- Record of education positions with increasing responsibility.
- Teaching experience, prefer high school experience.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of OSAA rules and regulations and Title IX requirements.
- Experience with curriculum development, staff development for best instructional practice, and use of student assessment data to drive instructional decisions and school improvement.
- Clear understanding of federal and state programs and education requirements such as: graduation requirements, special education, and CTE.
The Corvallis School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, parental or marital status, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities, and provides equal access to designated youth groups.