ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
- Plans, schedules, and oversees intramural and interscholastic day, evening, and weekend athletic events: coordinates schedules with other activities within the school and with other schools' programs; prepares and distributes inter-scholastic contracts; prepares annual master athletic and activities calendar; attends athletic events;
- Coordinates and advises athletic coaches and other student activity sponsors; conducts meetings to explain policies and programs and to discuss problems;
- Assists the building administrator in screening coaching applications, interviews candidates, and prepares recommendations for the principal and the Assistant Superintendent for Personnel.
- Assists the building administrator in filling student activities vacancies;
- Coordinates and participates in preparation for student activities, including preparation of facilities, securing of necessary temporary personnel (i.e., ticket sellers, gate coverage, police, public address crews, doctors, and game officials), arrangement of transportation (including field trips), allotment of concessions, preparation for traffic and crowd control, and arrangement of custodial coverage, clean-up, and repair, after events.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively, provide leadership to diverse groups, prioritize workload, and work with little supervision.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures, and knowledge of Virginia High School League rules and regulations.
- Candidate must possess good moral character.