The Assistant Principal/Athletic Director assists the building principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents. This includes such responsibilities as: leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, and child communications; supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents; and managing budget items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with developing the master schedule.
- Support the building principal with the administration of the school.
- Prepare and implement a master athletic department budget.
- Maintain athletic equipment inventories.
- Oversee accounting, security and control of gate receipts, student participation fees, and activities accounts.
- Prepare a master sports calendar that includes conference and non-conference games/events.
- Coordinate gym and athletic field use for practices, games, and activities year-round.
- Work with coaching staff and transportation provider to schedule transportation for all away contests.
- Make travel arrangements and overnight accommodations for players or athletic teams (and coach) competing in postseason competition.
- Seek and recommend suitable competition for all non-conference events/games.
Education and Experience:
- Previous successful teaching experience required.
- Experience working with secondary students.
- Previous experience as a school level administrator preferred.