The High School Assistant Principal/Athletics Director assumes joint responsibility with and is under the direction of the principal for the effective administration of the school and all facets of its instructional program, including co-curricular activities and extra-curricular activities. Under the direction of the principal, this individual assumes responsibility for the ongoing development and management of the school's athletic programs.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of developments in high school curriculum and instruction and assist in providing leadership in determining the appropriateness of incorporating recent strategies.
- Maintain the districts overall mission, assist in supporting and implementing board policies and the academic action plan school wide with staff and students.
- Assist in the development and support of curriculum and instructional growth to enhance the educational opportunities for all students.
- Under the direction of the principal, assume the responsibility for the ongoing development and management of the school's athletic programs.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, the District Supervisor of Athletics, and the Principal for the recruiting and hiring of coaches.
- Supervise and evaluate the Coaching Staff.
- Under the direction of the principal, assist in providing staff development to athletic coaches.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of a Master's Degree with major emphasis in educational administration and supervision required.
- A valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with endorsement in the area of administration and supervision.
- Minimum of five years of successful teaching experience required with urban experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the philosophy, purpose and function within an urban school district.
- Demonstrates an empathy for helping to lead a strong diverse urban educational environment.
- Demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
- Demonstrated record of success which exemplifies instructional leadership, standards of academic excellence and personal integrity.
- Knowledge of current educational trends/issues impacting the high school.