A BVSD Assistant Principal/Athletic Director assists the building principal as a member of the school's administrative team assists the building principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents.
- Assist the principal in the overall administration of the school and assume leadership of the school in the absence of the principal as necessary.
- Serve as instructional leader: Conducts high quality classroom observations, identifies effective teaching practices, understands pedagogy that results in improved student learning, and supports differentiated opportunities for learning and growth. Engages in regular data informed decision making cycles.
- Maintains a safe and orderly school environment that meets the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of each student. Ensures that student conduct and attendance conforms with the school's standards and school district policies.
- Relates to students with mutual respect while carrying out a positive and effective discipline policy. Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Supports the safety and security of the school building. Oversees building emergency response plans and coordinates drills with local law enforcement. Assists in the management of school facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.
- Currently hold a Colorado Principal License or have licensure application in process (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Completed BVSD Online Application.
- High school or college level coaching or athletic department experience.
- Minimum of three years experience as a teacher and/or administrator.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities.