The Assistant Principal/Athletic Director assists the building principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents. This includes such responsibilities as: leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, and child communications; supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents; and managing budget items.
- Assists principal with developing and managing the school budget.
- Prepare a master athletic department budget and effectively implement it. Supervise equipment inventories.
- Oversee accounting, security and control of gate receipts, student participation fees, and activities accounts.
- Assists with developing the master schedule.
- Prepare a master sports calendar that includes conference and non-conference games/events.
- Coordinate gym and athletic field use for practices, games, and activities year-round.
- Work with coaching staff and transportation department to schedule transportation for all away contests.
- Make travel arrangements and overnight accommodations for players or athletic teams (and coaches) competing in postseason competition.
- Seek and recommend suitable competition for all non-conference events/games.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong decision-making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Advanced skill in dealing with students, staff and parents with diverse needs in various situations.
- Ability to promote and follow Board and Administrative policies, OSAA rules and regulations, student conduct code, and building and department procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal relations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from parents, administrators, community stakeholders, etc.
- Able to communicate well, with a wide-range of constituents, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, school personnel, parents, vendors, peers and other stakeholders.