A BVSD Assistant Principal/Athletic Director assists the building principal as a member of the school's administrative team assists the building principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents.
- Oversee and manage athletics and activities: Hire, supervise and evaluate athletic coaches and club sponsors; develop and maintain athletic schedules, including the scheduling of transportation needs and game officials; oversee the building athletic budget, activity accounts, and fundraised dollars; manage facilities, including routine care and critical or long-term maintenance issues with district maintenance staff; development and maintenance of parent and community partnerships; verify eligibility of athletes; and follow all rules and regulations as outlined by CHSAA.
- Assist the principal in the overall administration of the school and assume leadership of the school in the absence of the principal as necessary.
- Serve as instructional leader: Conducts high quality classroom observations, identifies effective teaching practices, understands pedagogy that results in improved student learning, and supports differentiated opportunities for learning and growth. Engages in regular data informed decision making cycles.
- Maintains a safe and orderly school environment that meets the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of each student. Ensures that student conduct and attendance conforms with the school's standards and school district policies.
- Currently hold a Colorado Principal License or have licensure application in process (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Completed BVSD Online Application.
- High school or college level coaching or athletic department experience.
- Minimum of three years experience as a teacher and/or administrator.
- Must have a valid driver's license.