Responsible for administering all aspects of the activities and athletic programs. Promotes, organizes, and directs a program of interscholastic and intramural athletics. Position is also responsible for oversight and coordination of student activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains athletic and activity programs in the high school which promote participation with attention to inclusiveness.
- Recruits, interviews, recommends for hire, assigns, evaluates, provides orientation for all athletic coaches.
- Represents the School District in athletic league and matters of interscholastic athletics with the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA), MIAAA (Michigan Interscholastic Administrators Association), and any other applicable governing bodies.
- Participates in professional development related to athletics/activities.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with district athletic director, other building level athletic directors, coaches, and staff to develop and maintain a continuous and coordinated athletic program from elementary through high school.
- Responsible for the organization and scheduling of athletic events, including securing/contracting officials.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree, including training in high school administration, supervision, curriculum, and guidance; minimum of five (5) years of teaching and/or administrative experience of excellent quality in education preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education preferred.
- Experience as high school athletic director in a MHSAA sanctioned high school preferred