- Masters Degree in Educational or School Leadership (Administration or Supervision).
- NC Principal’s License.
- Successful teaching and coaching experience.
- Considerable knowledge of NCHSAA policies. Preferred - Commercial Driver’s License.
- Providing direction and guidance for the athletic program at MHS in alignment with the vision and mission of the school and in compliance with policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that students are provided an equal opportunity to participate and thrive in the athletic program at Mooresville High School.
- Coordinating with coaches about the scheduling of games and practices.
- Serving as the liaison between the athletic program at MHS and other local high school athletic programs in the state.
- Collaborating with conferences and leagues about scheduling issues.
- Coordinating with league officials about schedules including postseason play.
- Determining the time allocated for a field, court, or weight room in compliance with safety protocols and best practices.
- Working with coaches and the athletic department administrative assistant to plan trips.
- Coordinating officials and umpires at games and budgeting for their pay.