Under direction of the High School Principal and/or appropriate supervisor, the High School Assistant Principal is responsible for administering and supervising the total school program, providing leadership for the students and staff members consistent with the educational goals of the community. Functions include establishing a climate conducive to learning, planning and coordinating programs, effecting change, and decision making. The Athletic Director is responsible for the total athletic program, coordinating all aspects of athletics in compliance with OSAA regulations.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in educational administration/leadership.
- Must hold an Oregon Administrative Certificate or eligible to apply for.
- At least five years of successful teaching experience.
- Demonstrated exceptional instructional performance in an urban setting, substantiated with data, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of curriculum, instruction, organizational patterns, school operations, research and analysis, and pupil services.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to act effectively under stress.
- Skilled in supervision of employees and instruction; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Oregon and federal educational laws and regulations.
- Reports to High School Principal.
- Work with the Principal to analyze, share and use school and student achievement data to develop and implement the school improvement management plan.
- Work with Principal to establish and maintain relationships with students, parents, and community organizations to ensure ongoing, two-way communication and initiate activities that foster productive parent, student, and community involvement.
- Utilize research-based strategies to promptly and positively create behavioral changes in students with behavior problems.
Scappoose School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.