The High School Assistant Principal/Athletic Director reports to the Principal and is responsible for providing assistance to the Principal in the administration of the total school program in general and athletic program specifically.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the supervision of the daily operation of the building.
- Provide a variety of instructional leadership functions.
- Serve as a primary evaluator for teachers.
- Assist the principal in supervision of instruction.
- Assist the principal in curriculum development and improvement.
- Administer a program of student discipline.
- Assist with in-service programs.
- Ability to stand and walk over 60% of the work day in order to supervise students during change of classes and during lunch periods, walk between classrooms to observe instruction and rotate throughout the school complex on a regular basis.
- Ability to sit up to 40% of the day in meetings, and to sit/stand several times in short periods of time while moving between classroom and sitting for short intervals of instructional observation.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs throughout the day, and walk up/down bleachers or other stepped surfaces while supervising students or extracurricular events.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours in a day, which include the full school day and then during after school extra-curricular activities where administrative supervision and involvement is required.