This position assists the principal in the supervision of teachers and staff members assigned to his/her school using leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills to promote the educational development of each of his/her students. A significant emphasis is focused on knowledge of student instruction and learning assessment. May also act as the building principal in his/her absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the instructional leader of the school’s academic programs.
- Conducts direct and frequent observations of the instructional programs and provides feedback for growth and development of team.
- Establishes concrete goals and expectations that all students meet them based on the analysis of student achievement data.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness for curriculum alignment, instructional strategies, implementation, and assessment.
- Responsible for the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of all school personnel.
- Responsible for a master schedule of classes within established guidelines to meet student needs.
- Maintains acceptable accounting practices for various funds generated by student activities.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and directs all school sponsored activities, functions, and athletic events.
- Assures school’s compliance with state and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student learning.
- Ability to prioritize school issues.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in oral and written form.