DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives, and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates staff within the Athletic Department.
- Counsels students and their guardians about the building’s athletic program, academic eligibility, and post-secondary opportunities.
- Ensures that students are academically eligible for athletic programs.
- Builds athletic programs by ensuring coaches have intentional feeder school contact and the coaching staff uses their allotted off-season contact days to build and sustain the program.
- Monitors Athletic Department and programs to ensure a safe and equitable school environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate qualities aligned to our core values of Character, Communication, Collaboration and Continuous Improvement.
- A thorough knowledge of all IHSA and NFHS rules and regulations.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population.
- Knowledge of computers, current technology, and social media.