This is a full time, 9-month tenure track position in the Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science Department within the College of Education and Health. The appointment is 80% teaching, 10% scholarship and 10% service. ABD candidates are encouraged to apply (see required submission documents). The anticipated start date is negotiable for January or August 2024.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage students in high impact best practices in learning.
- Develop and maintain a scholarship program including seeking eternal funds.
- Provide impactful departmental, college, university, and professional services relevant to the university, community, and state.
- Collaborate with faculty and community partners in the development, review, assessment, and improvement of departmental programs.
- Assist in promoting Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science programs and recruiting students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Experience in college/university teaching particularly in Kinesiology.
- Experience in college online teaching.
- K-12 U.S. public school teaching experience; knowledge of K-12 pedagogy
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with faculty, interns/field-based participants, and community partners.
- Evidence of scholarly activity preferred.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.